Join our staff and help make a difference!
Position: Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Harwood Center RBT Job Description
We are hiring fun, energetic, and experienced Registered Behavior Technicians providing evidence-based, support therapy to children with autism spectrum and related disorders in a center. Harwood Center is the only provider in Tennessee with a 2-year Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) Accreditation, in addition to providing training and ongoing support in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Benefits Harwood offers to eligible employees:
- Long-term disability ($2,500) and life insurance ($50,000)
- Comp time (up to 40 hours/year)
- PTO (up to 360 hours and rolls over to the next fiscal year)
- Bereavement leave (up to 3 days)
- Vacation time (40 hours per year)
- Free CEUS
- Company Laptop
- Up to 8 weeks of paid Harwood closures and holidays per year
- Medical coverage (employee/employee+child/employee+family)
- Vision and Dental coverage are available for the whole family
- Reimbursement for mileage
- Consultation available with Professors at the University of Memphis
- Professional Trainings and Conferences are available for BCBAs to attend
- A rewarding experience in helping children with autism and families reach their full potential
- Full-Time hours available
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) field
- Ongoing training opportunities
Job Expectations include but are not exclusive to the following:
- Conduct skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments under the supervision of the Behavior Analyst.
- Assist in the development of individual treatment plans.
- Provide initial and ongoing staff education and training on client behavioral and skill acquisition protocols.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to staff regarding clinical and professional skills on a regular basis.
- Update & maintain data collection systems & disseminate information to team.
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Utilize safe and appropriate handling and guidance procedures when working with working with clients.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required trainings
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Speech and Hearing Services, or related field.
- Must hold an active status of being RBT credentialed through the BACB
- Exposure working with children and/or adults with special needs
- Technology proficient in Apple and/or Android devices
- 2 years exemplary experience as a Behavioral Technician/ABA Therapist, experience with Verbal Behavior and Natural Environment Training.
- Experience using Central Reach software or related HIPAA compliant online software.
- Monday through Friday 8am-5pm; hours subject to flexibility for meetings, and client scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must have the ability to move quickly to keep pace with toddlers and have the stamina to remain alert and energetic during therapy sessions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. There is little potential for harm or personal injury when basic safety and health precautions are followed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to:
Brandee Masterson- firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsey Halford- email@example.com